With prices declining across the NT over the past 12 months, opportunities have come about for buyers – especially first home owners - offering them affordable family homes.
Highlighted by a number of big real estate players, the Palmerston suburb of Zuccoli is on the list for areas in NT to watch – now in the midst of a residential development boom.
With a median house price of $645,000 recorded in the RELM Report over the 2016 June Quarter and a gross rental yield of 15%, this suburb is one of the highest earning yield areas close to the CBD, and has made a number of national lists over the last year or two for this very reason.
With plenty of nature-related attributes, Zuccoli boasts a real sense of a quiet village lifestyle, with the convenience of Palmerston 10 minutes down the road and easy access to the Darwin CBD – only 24 minutes away.
With a family oriented appeal, Zuccoli is home to boardwalks, cycling trails and sporting fields. Plans are also set to reveal Zuccoli Plaza in the suburb prior to Christmas, adding amenities such as a supermarket, cafe, chemist, medical centre and gym.
Zuccoli holds decent future opportunities for investors who are in it for the long term.
Suburb Key Draws
- Scenic living
- Diversity of modern home options
- Comfortably sustainable
- Natural buzz, with local parks
- Fitness accessibility, with bush walking trials, bike paths, sporting fields and play equipment
- Family oriented, with available schools and child care facilities in surrounding Palmerston suburbs, just minutes away. Master plans for Zuccoli include proposed plans for two schools in stages three and four of the development.
The NT suburb of Zuccoli, 0832 is in the Palmerston local government area.
Named after the well-known Territory aviation and construction industry identity – Guido Zuccoli, Zuccoli is a new master planned suburb, which will eventually contain over 2,300 homes for in excess of 6,000 Territorians.
Zuccoli is located to the south of Lambrick Avenue between the Stuart Highway and Mitchell Creek, with the suburbs development set to continue until 2021.
- 6980 people
- Largest bracket being those aged 20-39 at 41% (showing high levels of first home owners)
- Followed by those aged between 5-19 at 23%
- Largest bracket being those married at 46%
- Followed by those never married at 39%
- Largest bracket being those holding no religion at 26%
- Followed by those Catholic at 23%
- Largest bracket being Public Administration and Safety at 27%
Transport to work
- Highest chosen form of transport to work being the car at 66%
Type of Dwelling
- Largest bracket being the house at 82%
- Purchasing 54%
- Rented 37%
- Fully Owned 6%
Monthly Loan Repayment
- Largest bracket being $1,600+ at 36%
If you’d like to discuss Call2View’s listings for Zuccoli or chat further about the Suburbs potential – please call us on 08) 8932 8858.
Are you selling property, or looking for professional management for your investment? We’ve successfully sold over 200 properties since 2011, and manage over 300 properties for investors all over the world. Request your complimentary appraisal today.I'd like a…
Our friendly staff are always on hand to help. Get in touch.